While there will be many facts to learn in this class, the important point is that they are all centered around seven main ideas or themes. The seven important themes of the “The Living Environment” are:
1. Living things are both similar to and different from each other and from nonliving things.
2. Organisms inherit genetic information in a variety of ways that result in continuity of structure and function between parents and offspring.
3. Individual organisms and species change over time.
4. The continuity of life is sustained through reproduction and development.
5. Organisms maintain a dynamic equilibrium that sustains life.
6. Plants and animals depend on each other and their physical environment.
7. Human decisions and activities have had a profound impact on the physical and living environment.
Through this course, you will learn about these main themes. You will be able to talk about them in your own words. Have a good time! Treasure what you learn. It can last a lifetime.